Plunge pools have become increasingly popular among homeowners who want to make the most of their outdoor spaces. In this guide, we’ll dive into everything you need to know about plunge pools, from their benefits and features to installation and maintenance. So, let’s get to it!
What is a Plunge Pool?
A plunge pool is a small, deep pool that is designed for lounging, refreshing dips and relaxation rather than swimming laps. They are typically compact in size, making them a perfect fit for smaller outdoor areas or urban environments. Plunge pools are shallower than traditional swimming pools but are deeper than spas or hot tubs.
Benefits of Plunge Pools
- Space Efficiency: One of the key advantages of plunge pools is their space efficiency. These pools are designed to maximise the use of limited outdoor areas. Whether you have a small backyard or a rooftop terrace, a plunge pool can be custom-built to fit your available space.
- Relaxation and Therapy: Plunge pools offer a unique experience for relaxation and therapy. The deep pool allows you to fully submerge your body, promoting relaxation and rejuvenation. Plunge pools are also an excellent choice for hydrotherapy, helping to relieve muscle tension, reduce stress and improve overall well-being.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Plunge pools come in a variety of shapes, sizes and designs, allowing you to create a stunning focal point in your outdoor space. Whether you prefer a sleek and modern look or a more natural and rustic vibe, there’s a plunge pool design that will perfectly complement your aesthetic preferences.
- Cost-Effective: Compared to traditional swimming pools, plunge pools are generally more cost-effective. The smaller size means less water is needed to fill them, resulting in lower water usage and reduced maintenance costs. Additionally, plunge pools often require less energy to heat and operate, resulting in lower utility bills.
Features and Options
Plunge pools offer a range of features and options that can be tailored to your preferences. Here are a few key elements to consider when designing your plunge pool:
- Heating and Cooling Systems: You can opt for heating and cooling systems for your plunge pool. Heating systems allow you to enjoy the pool even during cooler months, while cooling systems help maintain a refreshing temperature during summer.
- Lighting and Water Features: Enhance the ambience of your plunge pool by incorporating lighting and water features. LED lights can create a captivating nighttime atmosphere, while waterfalls, fountains or cascades can add a touch of elegance and tranquillity to your pool area.
- Surroundings and Landscaping: The area surrounding your plunge pool plays an important role in creating an inviting and cohesive outdoor space. Consider incorporating lush landscaping, such as plants, trees and shrubs, to provide shade and privacy. Decking, paving or stonework can also be used to define the pool area and create a seamless transition between the pool and the rest of your outdoor living space.
Installation and Maintenance
When it comes to installing a plunge pool, it’s important to hire professional pool builders. They will ensure that the installation is done correctly, taking into account factors such as site preparation, excavation, pool shell construction, plumbing, electrical connections and filtration systems.
In terms of maintenance, plunge pools require regular care to keep them in optimal condition. Common maintenance tasks include checking the water chemistry, cleaning the filters and inspecting the equipment. It’s also important to cover the pool when not in use to prevent debris from entering and to conserve water.
Plunge Pool Installation in Darwin
Plunge pools offer a perfect balance between relaxation, style and practicality. If you’re ready to transform your backyard into a captivating retreat with a plunge pool, contact Darwin Fibreglass Pools & Spas.