A spa, plunge pool or pool is an excellent addition to any home, providing a place to relax and unwind after a long day, host social gatherings or simply spend quality time with family. However, with so many different sizes and types available, choosing the right one for your home can be a challenge.
In this blog, we’ll provide a comprehensive guide on determining the perfect spa or pool size for your home, taking into account your specific needs and preferences. Keep reading or reach out to us today to get started!
Assess Your Available Space
Before you start browsing spa, plunge pool and pool options, it’s essential to assess the space you have available for installation. Measure your backyard or the area where you plan to install the spa or pool and make a note of any obstructions, such as trees, fences, or utility lines that may affect your placement options.
Having a clear understanding of the space constraints will help you narrow down your choices and ensure you select a spa or pool size that fits your home comfortably.
Consider Your Usage Requirements
The primary purpose of your spa, plunge pool or pool will significantly impact the size you should choose. Are you looking for a personal relaxation space, or do you plan to host friends and family for social gatherings?
Here are some general guidelines to help you choose the right size based on your usage requirements:
- Personal relaxation: If primarily for your own use or for you and your partner, a smaller, 2–4-person spa or pool should suffice.
- Small group entertainment: For occasional gatherings with friends or family, consider a medium-sized spa or pool that can comfortably accommodate 4-6 people.
- Large group entertainment: If you frequently host large gatherings or have a big family, you may want to invest in a larger spa or pool that can fit 6-8 people or more.
Choose the Right Shape & Design
Spas, plunge pools and pools come in various shapes and designs, which can affect their size and space requirements. While round and square spas are common, our Supreme Spa & Tear Drop Spa features teardrop and hexagon options. These unique shapes are designed to maximise space, making them excellent choices for any home.
- The teardrop spa, with its smooth, curved design, offers a modern and stylish look that fits comfortably in most spaces. This shape is perfect for those looking for a compact but versatile spa, allowing you to relax alone or with a partner.
- The hexagon spa, on the other hand, brings a unique aesthetic and allows for more user space, making it an ideal choice for those planning to entertain small groups. The six-sided design allows for comfortable seating arrangements and easy movement within the spa.
For customers with more space available and seeking larger options, a plunge pool is an excellent choice. At Darwin Fibreglass Pools & Spas, our kidney-shaped plunge pool offers a natural, organic aesthetic and is great for both relaxation and light exercise, while the rectangular plunge pool provides a more traditional design and maximises the swimming area.
When selecting the shape and design of your spa pool, consider the space available, as well as your aesthetic preferences. Each shape offers unique benefits, and your choice will ultimately depend on your specific needs and lifestyle.
Evaluate Your Budget
- Your budget will play a significant role in determining the size of the spa, plunge pool or pool you can afford. Larger spas and pools with more advanced features will generally be more expensive.
- However, you may find a smaller design with similar features that suits your needs without breaking the bank. It’s essential to balance your budget with your usage requirements to ensure you’re getting the best value for your money.
Maintenance & Running Costs
- Larger spas, plunge pools and pools typically require more maintenance and incur higher running costs than smaller ones. When choosing the right size spa or pool for your home, consider the ongoing expenses.
- Running and maintaining your new pool or spa will incur electricity costs, water treatment chemical services, and cleaning supplies purchases. Ensure you’re prepared to handle the ongoing costs associated with the size you choose.
Selecting the right size spa, plunge pool or pool for your home involves carefully considering your available space, usage requirements, preferred shape and design, budget, and ongoing maintenance costs. By taking these factors into account, you’ll be well on your way to finding the perfect spa or pool to enhance your home and provide endless relaxation and entertainment opportunities.
When you’re ready to explore spa, plunge pool and pool options and find the ideal fit for your home, reach out to Darwin Fibreglass Pools & Spas. Our experienced team can help you navigate the world of home pool and spa solutions, ensuring you find the perfect size and style for your needs. Please reach out to us today to get started!